Dimentia’s new EP
Oakland based Sean Dimentia has dropped the first of two new EPs.
Broadcast Frequency is the result of an all hardware setup recorded in 2015/16 (a list for which is below). It packs five electro machinations that continue the move-your-body focus of the audio project but retain the trippy headspace common to Sean’s work under the Dimentia name, his main alias – he records under several alias including Montaux, Cinkrillian Weight and Kanopic Descent.
Our pick of the EP is midpoint track Gush – the rolling vibe, the dank mangled vox just audible and that bubbling under the surface persistent feeling of dread. Broken Language is the upfront cut of the five, drawing, for me, comparisons to Welsh brothers Somatic Responses.
Available now, direct from Dimentia on Bandcamp.
Hardware list for the geeks and curious
Octatrack, Rytm, MBase, MBrane, BassStation, Virus B, Sh101, SVC 350, Eventides Space/Timefactor, metalzone, and Chimaera.
- Mantis Radio 343 – Surgeon
- PRIMER: An Introduction to Surgeon
- Mike Darkfloor plays Imaginarium & Towards Collapse this coming weekend (London)
- Luke Lund reups his 90s era bassbin techno dub mix
- Darkfloor 74 – thatboytim – Hardcore mini-megamix
- Ingen performing live at Fold for Combat Recordings – March 2022