Mantis Radio 206 + Anniversary Special #9
Looking back over the last year, our 9th of broadcasting Mantis Radio, DVNT plays tracks from the last 12 months and runs down the 3 most popular sessions.
Bad Company – Equilibrium [DOA]
John B – Lava [Metalheadz]
Current Value – Ngine [Bad Taste Recordings]
Fanu – Devil Chord [Lightless Recordings]
Agressor Bunx – Crusader [Bad Taste Recordings]
Girl Pusher – A Lot of Boys Like Me Though [Deathbomb Arc]
A Vengeance – CAIRO [Darkfloor Sound]
Tim Hecker – Castrati Stack [4AD]
our 3rd most popular session
Thomas Ragsdale – Flower Of Yorkshire [This Is It Forever]
Talos – Bloom (WIFE remix) [Tethered Bones]
The Future Sound of London – Blue Green [fsoldigital.com]
Rlyeh1 – A Little Bit Closer [Mindtrick Records]
Laksa – Draw For The [Misty]
Moderat – Reminder (Special Request remix) [Monkeytown Records]
Aoud – Surd [The Revera Corporation]
our 2nd most popular session
Bwana – Failed Escape (Where you Belong) [LuckyMe]
BABYMETAL – Awadama Fever [Ear Music]
Death Grips – 80808 [Third Worlds]
Kerridge – Sonic Instruments Of War 01 [Contort]
Storms With Windows – Inter-media: Melancholy Soup [Storms With Windows]
Replicant – White Rain [Replicant]
our most popular session
It’s that time once again – it’s our anniversary show. We are 10.
As is our annual tradition, for our 206th broadcast we look back over the last year, its 25 shows and 27 guests. Running down – with a 20 minute snippet from each – the 3 most popular sessions from the last 12 months. Interspersed into that, I play tracks from among the 471 I’ve played on the show over the last 25 transmissions.
To be still doing this show, now into its 10th year, is nuts. That’s down to two main things – the continued barrage of awesome sound and music so many make, and the listeners. You. Massive shouts to you for continuing to support, stream, download and share the show.
Massive, bowelshaking shouts to all our guests in year 9.
– the industrial slicing of Bombardier (his 2nd appearance)
– London glitch bass don fzv
– Pale Noir’s dark electronics queen Mahr
– Canada’s technoise beast Huck Farper
– Estonia’s drum n bass don Thing
– Bosnia and Herzegovina’s techno ambassador Forest People
– London Modular Alliance kingpin Pip Williams
– French tech bass bosh boss Deapmash
– Jungle demon Tim Reaper
– Italian sound designer Shari DeLorian
– Portugal’s deep tech leaning A Thousand Details
– the brutal slamming Rotterdam tech man Matt TdK
– Serbia’s fractured industrialist Scalameryia
– US acid and trax fiend Worker/Parasite
– Doom bassist of Khost CARTHAGE
– SØLVE‘s brutalist intensity and beautiful bliss
– the experimental techno sonics and jungle shards of Consulate
– Maximal HD grime prince Partisan
– Berlin’s dark techno roller, Sonic Groove’s Timothy Alexander
– UK electro legend Radioactive Man
– Scottish intensity Texture, performing live an #EXNIHILO redux (his 2nd appearance)
– Cambridge’s drone and ambient experimentalist Laica
– London “techno band” Ordinate
– Ukrainian heavy, dense and experimental music label Kvitnu
– US drum n bass don, Ohm Resistance’s Submerged
– Witch house and gravewave influenced unholy trinity GRYPT
– and the horrible techno of UK Canadian duo Bone Skippers
Do please get in touch with us at Darkfloor letting us know who your favourite guests were, your favourite tracks, your standout labels, and your suggestions for guests in the year to come. You can reach us on email, Twitter, Facebook, Mixcloud and YouTube.
Again, huge thanks and love for the support of the show to each and every one of you.
We are Mantis Radio.
We are Darkfloor.