The Followers by Grudges, a remix EP from end fence
New York / Berlin label end fence dropped a remix EP of Brooklyn grindcore/crust band Grudges back in January. Six versions of the band’s track The Followers from their 2012 EP Abuse, gets the treatment.
High torque lunate music.
Machine Woman, formerly of band Female Band, is just a fresh faced year in producing electronic music, during which time she has already played with the likes of Gnod, Vatican Shadow, Raime and The Bug. She offers a slowburn, deep brew. A calm, of sorts, before the storm. Mexican Espectra Negra’s take is a nightmarish synth tonal attack. Bass throbbing house & techno styling from Ames Henry follows – serious club track that one.
Closing the EP end fence draft in Zerfallmench, the collaborative duo of haZMat and Ohm Resistance boss Submerged. They unleash a torrent of noise infested distortion.
It’s refreshing to have a remix EP where the versions all sound different to each another. We’re so tired of hearing just different shades of the same tech on remix EPs. A techno track with 6 techno remixes? Please. Honestly what’s the point, take a leaf out of end fence’s book – this is how it’s done.
Out now, for free. What are you waiting for?
- Mantis Radio 343 – Surgeon
- PRIMER: An Introduction to Surgeon
- Mike Darkfloor plays Imaginarium & Towards Collapse this coming weekend (London)
- Luke Lund reups his 90s era bassbin techno dub mix
- Darkfloor 74 – thatboytim – Hardcore mini-megamix
- Ingen performing live at Fold for Combat Recordings – March 2022