Bandshell – Caustic View on Liberation Technologies
For someone whose name was quite well known on Dubstepforum, Bandshell has managed to create a suitably shadowy, unknown presence of the kind which only really works when your tunes are good enough to make people take notice. Which is rather fortunate, in this case.
The four tracks can be divided into two distinct parts – Winton and Nice Mullet are hard edged, skittering, kick heavy tracks for the dancefloor, with choppy, stumbling rhythms and heavy subs.
While Perc (as heard on FabricLive 67) and Landfill (which you may have heard on his mix for Sonic Router last year) are more melodic, housier rhythms. Perc floats along nicely with Landfill resembling Actress in its compressed, slightly suffocating vibe.
Well worth a listen, and in Winton & Nice Mullet, two tracks that should wreck any dancefloor.
Bandshell – Winton
Bandshell – Perc
Bandshell – Nice Mullet
Bandshell – Landfill
- Mantis Radio 343 – Surgeon
- PRIMER: An Introduction to Surgeon
- Mike Darkfloor plays Imaginarium & Towards Collapse this coming weekend (London)
- Luke Lund reups his 90s era bassbin techno dub mix
- Darkfloor 74 – thatboytim – Hardcore mini-megamix
- Ingen performing live at Fold for Combat Recordings – March 2022