Sendai – Figure and Ground on Editions Mego
Following hot on the heels of his recent EP ‘Late-Night Patching‘ for Entr’acte and his live show at London’s Cafe OTO for Happened on December 15th – Yves De May once again teams up with longtime cohort Peter Van Hoesen as Sendai. ‘Ground and Figure‘ is their third Sendai album and it comes courtesy of Vienna’s Editions Mego.
Across the ten tracks ‘Ground and Figure‘ takes in a myriad of tones, textures and tempos. Sendai have lost none of their edge – the tracks still reek of the broken ghosts of techno. But, this time around they have a spaciousness that hints at everything from drum ‘n bass to dub. Each track is a sealed unit, containing some of their most complex and compelling work to date.
Listen to ‘Porter Swiss‘ –
- Mantis Radio 343 – Surgeon
- PRIMER: An Introduction to Surgeon
- Mike Darkfloor plays Imaginarium & Towards Collapse this coming weekend (London)
- Luke Lund reups his 90s era bassbin techno dub mix
- Darkfloor 74 – thatboytim – Hardcore mini-megamix
- Ingen performing live at Fold for Combat Recordings – March 2022