AVOIDANT – Birth In Carpathia / Enough Records
Regular readers of this site will already know that Enough Records are a prolific and diverse netlabel (and one of our favourites at Darkfloor), but it’s worth reasserting that fact for the newer readers amongst you. This is one of their latest releases, which arrived in my inbox but a few days ago.
Following up 2008’s 18minute long epic track; Prelude to Eon, comes AVOIDANT‘s Birth In Carpathia. AVOIDANT (Nelson P Ferreira) has constructed an immersive drone heavy, dark ambient piece citing sludge metal as a main influence, which is apparent but in no way overpowering or distracting. Each track seems to express a new layer as the release works in such as way as you feel like you are rising through the layers to a point of realisation. This might seem like a somewhat dreamy analogy but for me it works like that in my head. Suffice to say, I like it, I hope you do too.
AVOIDANT – Birth In Carpathia
AVOIDANT – Birth In Carpathia I
AVOIDANT – Birth In Carpathia II
AVOIDANT – Birth In Carpathia III
AVOIDANT – Birth In Carpathia IV
AVOIDANT – Birth In Carpathia V
- Mantis Radio 343 – Surgeon
- PRIMER: An Introduction to Surgeon
- Mike Darkfloor plays Imaginarium & Towards Collapse this coming weekend (London)
- Luke Lund reups his 90s era bassbin techno dub mix
- Darkfloor 74 – thatboytim – Hardcore mini-megamix
- Ingen performing live at Fold for Combat Recordings – March 2022