Muni Manuka’s ‘Acid for the Road’ EP / Ricochet Records
Two originals and two subsequent remixes form the EP – one, from Cane (one half of Funckarma), and the other from label regular Michael Lovatt. Manuka’s solo material is playful and upbeat. It’s deep in feel and vibe but with space and a hint of cheekiness. It marks the first original material from the London producer to surface on the label, following remixes of fellow Ricochet signings Ji@ and Multiple Mono.
As far as the remixes go, well, Cane’s offering takes things ever so slightly big and bouncy, maintaining the originals playful edge. But it’s Lovatt’s remix that impresses the most – stripping the original tracks elements back to a precise and smooth electro roller. Less is very much more on this one.
Available May 16th
- Mantis Radio 343 – Surgeon
- PRIMER: An Introduction to Surgeon
- Mike Darkfloor plays Imaginarium & Towards Collapse this coming weekend (London)
- Luke Lund reups his 90s era bassbin techno dub mix
- Darkfloor 74 – thatboytim – Hardcore mini-megamix
- Ingen performing live at Fold for Combat Recordings – March 2022