Mantis Radio presents Bone Skippers, 24.05
UK/Canadian duo Bone Skippers are our guests on this weeks show.
The joint studio mangling of Bone Skippers – Glasgow’s Kenny Campbell and Vancover’s Dylan Hill (aka Huck Farper) – make self described “horrible techno”. Both are proficient and prolific solo producers, but together they produce something all the more intense, and noisy. Their session will feature a mix of their original material, remixes and influences.
Behold the bone-skipper, high in the running for the strangest fly on Earth. For the bone-skipper, fresh carcasses just won’t do. No, these flies prefer large, dead bodies in advanced stages of decay. And unlike most flies, they are active in early winter, from November to January, usually after dark. They also disappeared from human notice and were declared extinct for more than a century. That’s why they’ve often been considered almost mythical or legendary.
Tune in with DVNT, usual time, Tuesday evening from 8. Expect to hear new music from Moderat, Diarmaid O Meara, Huren, Voidloss, XXXY and more.
2000 UTC+1 London 2100 CET Berlin 1500 EST New York 1100 PDT Los Angeles 0400 JST Tokyo (Weds)
- Mantis Radio 343 – Surgeon
- PRIMER: An Introduction to Surgeon
- Mike Darkfloor plays Imaginarium & Towards Collapse this coming weekend (London)
- Luke Lund reups his 90s era bassbin techno dub mix
- Darkfloor 74 – thatboytim – Hardcore mini-megamix
- Ingen performing live at Fold for Combat Recordings – March 2022